.

.

Birds eye view

Birds eye view

Sunday 5 October 2014

The end of an era

 Officially on Oct 4 2014 The Right Track in my hometown of Bracebidge closed its doors forever, retiring after 13 years of service. I was hoping that the business would have found a new owner and kept on going but that was not to be.  Heres a few shots I took on friday while picking up a few closing sale deals, still a fare bit of merchandise left, according to the owner he will sell the rest at train shows. The store looks pretty much the same as it did when a few years ago that I purchased my first n scale equipment, tracks and scenery for the Blackcreek. The store will be missed on my treks north, another little piece of my past going the way of the dodo.

The stores layout, now sold, was a wonderful depiction of scenery construction in n and ho scale showing from rails and cork to plaster and foam cover. It was also a great test bed for new and used locos and rolling stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment