.

.

Birds eye view

Birds eye view

Saturday 27 July 2019

Its been awhile

Well looking at the last time I posted here back in 2015 it feels like ages ago and much has happened since then. First having a second son in 2016 then my motorcycle collision that laid me up in 2017 and finally starting the new ho layout the Newport Northern in early 2018 and my second medical layup this spring to say the least its been life. Not a huge amount has changed overall on the black creek since my last post. It is officially over 10 years old now, which Im still trying to wrap my head around. I have added a small staging yard off to the side and a few scenery changes and upgrades have been made to a few spots as well as some electrical and track maintenance to a switch was required to keep the layout functional. Over all it has aged well and still lets trains run as well as the day the track was laid with a little cleaning of course, I dont run it much these days unless the boys ask to see it go. At the present most of my time has been spent on the new ho layout, getting it operational for the boys, who have taken to it like moths to a shining light bulb, but with them getting bigger I have been noticing things have moved on the creek when I leave the room and forget to lock the train room door from time to time.

 Some mooning going on

 Heres the new transfer caboose after the vandals got to it

 I figured I could use a transfer caboose as the employees complaind they needed a more safe shoving platform for loading the ferry. I used an old flatcar and a housing kit and railing from another crane kit




 Another scene change up I never really liked how the house was situated so it was time to spruce it up some

 Heres the new staging running out to the right side of the layout I used a little metal bridge to fill the gap. It pops out if I need to move the layout for a show.



 Heres a before and after I painted the grass to more green colour I can believe I never did it in the ten years I have had the layout
 I finally got some lights working for evening operation and someone has opened a door at the warehouse
 These 3 shots are what I have taken of my train room starting in late 2017 you can see the ugly yellow paint that plastered our basement when we bought the house and see one of my crutches from my motorcycle accident I was hobbling around on one crutch by that time. In early 2018 I had cleaned the room out and painted and was ready for the new layout. Construction started in febuary building most of the bench work before going back to work. The last photo is the latest of the new layout, after have 4 months off due to a medical leave I was able to get a lot accomplished in that time, though theres still lots to do I at least have a functional layout that the boys are really enjoying.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you’re alright from the motorcycle collision. ❤️

    ReplyDelete