.

.

Birds eye view

Birds eye view

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Cleaning up the edges

 2010- Wow and these 5 photos are all I have from of the layout from that year, so I added few other photos of my ho layout from the Muskoka train show. It was a busy time, had just moved into a new apartment and my now wife would later move in so not too much time for railroading. I did get around to putting on the back drop and adding some pine trim, even added some much need structural support underneath.
 Beer can help two ways
 All the trim is glued on and to this day I never bothered staining it.
 New Ikea lighting, not the greatest, but it was cheap and did the job
 Some pics of me and the ho layout. Originally after selling my old 4x6 layout long ago I I got back into the hobby started with a 4 foot switching layout using a modified plan of John Allens time saver design. Over the next few years I ended up adding on two other sections and changing the track work around to accommodate for the additions. It ran using a simple dc controller and peco insule frog switches so it didnt need complicated wiring. Structurally though it wasnt great I used screws and metal brackets to hold the sections together and the power was connected between sections using only the rail joiners so I would have to replace them now and then. If I were to do it again I would definietly build proper benchwork using less wood and more foam to make it lighter and a more secure method of joining section would be in order. At the time it was a nice little layout and got me enjoying the hobby.



No comments:

Post a Comment